Frequently Asked Questions

How do I invite the Mayor to attend an event/function?

If you would like to invite Mayor Preston to attend an upcoming event, please submit your request in writing and outline the occasion, date, time, location and expectations of the Mayor's role at the event. This information can be sent in one of the following ways:

  1. By mail to:
    Mayor Joe Preston
    City of St. Thomas
    P.O. Box 520 City Hall
    545 Talbot Street
    St. Thomas, ON
    N5P 3V7
  2. By fax to: 519-631-9970
  3. By email to:  [email protected]
  4. Fill out the online request form
How do I receive a certificate from the Mayor?
If you would like to request a certificate from the Mayor to recognize a special milestone, please call 519-631-1680 ext. 4196 or complete the online request form. Generally, certificates are issued for birthdays of 75 years or more and anniversaries of 25 years or more. However, other special requests will be considered.
How do I receive a City pin?
As a collector's item, souvenir or memento, city pins have become increasingly popular among residents and tourists alike. The St. Thomas lapel pin features our new logo with the train featuring a nod to Jumbo and The Railway City.

These pins are currently available without purchase at the Office of the Mayor who is authorized to distribute up to an amount of 50 pins as passed by Council resolution. Over and above this amount, a written request must be submitted to the City Clerk's office for Council approval.

Please submit your request to:
Office of the City Clerk - City of St. Thomas
P.O. Box 520, 545 Talbot Street
St. Thomas, ON N5P 3V7

Fax: 519-633-9019

Your request will be placed on a Council agenda for approval at the next Council meeting. If approved you will be contacted by the Office of the City Clerk and we will set aside the number of pins you have requested.

In your request please be sure to indicate the amount you require, a return address and telephone number where you can be contacted as well as the reason for your request.

It is advised to submit your request well in advance of when you will require the pins to ensure that the amount you have specified is in stock.
How do I request a Proclamation, Flag Raising or Lighting of the Jumbo monument

Requests for proclamations, flag-raisings, and for lighting of the Jumbo monument must be made in writing and an original, signed letter addressed to the Mayor and Members of City Council should be mailed at least one month in advance to:

City Clerk

City of St. Thomas

P.O. Box 520

545 Talbot Street

St. Thomas, Ontario

N5P 3V7

Please ensure that you provide your name, address, and telephone number so that the City Clerk’s Department can confirm whether the flag-raising can occur on the date(s) requested and the date when the request will appear on a Council agenda.

How do I arrange a tour of City Hall?
Tour of City Hall for groups of five or more can be arranged by calling Nicole Clause at: 519-631-1680 ext. 4196 or emailing  Nicole Clause.
Can I make an appointment with the Mayor?
Yes, call Nicole Clause at 519-631-1680 ext. 4196 or email.