Elgin Street will be closed at Gladstone Avenue on Monday, April 24, 2017 to Tuesday, April 25, 2017 to connect the sewers from Gladstone Avenue to the manholes in the intersection. A detour route will be in place using Rosebery Place - Princess Avenue - Wellington Street.
Valleyview - Admissions Process
All applications for admission to Valleyview, long and short stay, are completed through the South West Community Care Access Centre 519-631-9907 or 1-800-563-3098.
Once an application has been received by the home, it is reviewed to ensure appropriate placement. Once the application is approved by the facility, your application is placed on a waiting list at the CCAC.
When a bed becomes available, new residents are asked to keep the following in mind:
- Residents must use the facility pharmacy.
- Residents must bring the most current Notice of Assessment from Income Tax if staying in a Basic Room as they may qualify for a rate reduction. There are no rate reductions for semi-private or private accommodation.
- If a Power of Attorney has been appointed, please bring these documents to be photocopied for our files.
- Bring clothing that is comfortable; approximately 7 changes of clothes is sufficient to start.
- Residents should not bring large amounts of money or valuables as the home cannot assume responsibility if they are lost or broken.
The City is excited to announce the Edward Street Road Rehabilitation Project will start in April. The Burwell Road Rehabilitation project will begin after Edward Street has been completed. Construction is expected to be complete in July 2017. For more information visit the Construction Projects page.
The Elgin St. Thomas Age-Friendly Committee is developing a community plan for residents of Elgin County and the City of St. Thomas. An Age-Friendly community is one where policies, services and structures related to the physical and social environments support and enable older residents to lead healthy, active lives and stay involved in their communities.
The City is excited to announce that the construction of a 3m wide multi-use asphalt trail from Sauve Avenue to Penhale Avenue will start in April. Construction is expected to be complete in July 2017. For more information visit the Construction Project page.
The draft Downtown St. Thomas Heritage Conservation District Study is now available for public review. For more information please visit the Downtown St. Thomas Heritage Conservation District page. Comments are due no later than Friday, April 28, 2017.
- 1 of 4
- next ›
How can we help?
A - Z
Pages in this section
- City Hall
- By-Law Enforcement
- City Clerk
- City Departments
- City Manager
- Contact Us
- Cultural Mapping Project
- Environmental Services
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Human Resources
- Mayor and Council
- Minutes and Agendas
- Ontario Works
- Planning and Building Services
- Police Building Background Information
- Select Committee for New Police Building
- Visiting Us