We want to keep St. Thomas Public Library relevant to a diverse and changing community. Help us explore our future by filling out our survey and letting us know what's important to you!
Valleyview - Admissions Process
All applications for admission to Valleyview, long and short stay, are completed through the South West Community Care Access Centre 519-631-9907 or 1-800-563-3098.
Once an application has been received by the home, it is reviewed to ensure appropriate placement. Once the application is approved by the facility, your application is placed on a waiting list at the CCAC.
When a bed becomes available, new residents are asked to keep the following in mind:
- Residents must use the facility pharmacy.
- Residents must bring the most current Notice of Assessment from Income Tax if staying in a Basic Room as they may qualify for a rate reduction. There are no rate reductions for semi-private or private accommodation.
- If a Power of Attorney has been appointed, please bring these documents to be photocopied for our files.
- Bring clothing that is comfortable; approximately 7 changes of clothes is sufficient to start.
- Residents should not bring large amounts of money or valuables as the home cannot assume responsibility if they are lost or broken.
We are excited to announce that construction of the Gateway Roundabout at the Sunset Drive and Wellington Road intersection will be starting the week of March 27th with completion by the end of June.
Effective March 21, 2017 the Community Recycling Centre will be returning to its full time operating hours. The site will be open Tuesday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m to 3 p.m. Household hazardous waste is accepted on Saturdays only.
For more information on accepted waste types and associated costs, please visit the Community Recycling Centre page.
The First Avenue Widening project between Talbot Street and Steele Street will start the week of March 13 and be completed in June.
- 1 of 5
- next ›
How can we help?
A - Z
Pages in this section
- City Hall
- By-Law Enforcement
- City Clerk
- City Departments
- City Manager
- Contact Us
- Cultural Mapping Project
- Environmental Services
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Human Resources
- Mayor and Council
- Minutes and Agendas
- Ontario Works
- Planning and Building Services
- Police Building Background Information
- Select Committee for New Police Building
- Visiting Us