We want to keep St. Thomas Public Library relevant to a diverse and changing community. Help us explore our future by filling out our survey and letting us know what's important to you!
You are hereHome ›
Basement flooding can occur:
- when the ground is saturated around the foundation walls
- when weeping tiles are not working properly
Solution: Smart landscaping
- Check that the ground around your house slopes away from your foundation. This helps keep water from entering through cracks in your foundation or overloading the weeping tiles. View more information about lot grading and drainage.
- Direct your downspouts away from the home where water can be easily absorbed, such as your lawn or garden.
- Connect the downspout to a rain barrel and direct the overflow hose towards your lawn or garden, not onto your neighbour's property.
We are excited to announce that construction of the Gateway Roundabout at the Sunset Drive and Wellington Road intersection will be starting the week of March 27th with completion by the end of June.
Effective March 21, 2017 the Community Recycling Centre will be returning to its full time operating hours. The site will be open Tuesday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m to 3 p.m. Household hazardous waste is accepted on Saturdays only.
For more information on accepted waste types and associated costs, please visit the Community Recycling Centre page.
The First Avenue Widening project between Talbot Street and Steele Street will start the week of March 13 and be completed in June.
- 1 of 5
- next ›