We want to keep St. Thomas Public Library relevant to a diverse and changing community. Help us explore our future by filling out our survey and letting us know what's important to you!
Ontario Works - Basic Education Assistance
If you do not have a grade 12 education, your worker will encourage you to complete your secondary education (Grade 12 or equivalency) at an adult learning facility or attend a short-term occupational skills training course.
Your pathway to employment will be based on your present skill level and your future education requirements necessary to achieve your employment goal. You and your worker may discuss:
- Complete secondary school education (Grade 12 or equivalency)
- Improve language skills;
- Upgrade literacy and numeric skills.
- Basic workplace skills (i.e. WHIMS, basic computer, general office procedure)
- Short-term occupational skills-training courses (i.e. forklift operator)
We are excited to announce that construction of the Gateway Roundabout at the Sunset Drive and Wellington Road intersection will be starting the week of March 27th with completion by the end of June.
Effective March 21, 2017 the Community Recycling Centre will be returning to its full time operating hours. The site will be open Tuesday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m to 3 p.m. Household hazardous waste is accepted on Saturdays only.
For more information on accepted waste types and associated costs, please visit the Community Recycling Centre page.
The First Avenue Widening project between Talbot Street and Steele Street will start the week of March 13 and be completed in June.
- 1 of 5
- next ›
How can we help?
A - Z
Pages in this section
- City Hall
- By-Law Enforcement
- City Clerk
- City Departments
- City Manager
- Contact Us
- Cultural Mapping Project
- Environmental Services
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Human Resources
- Mayor and Council
- Minutes and Agendas
- Ontario Works
- Affordable Home Ownership Program
- Child Care
- List of Programs
- Mission Statement
- Qualifying for Financial Assistance
- Social Housing
- Planning and Building Services
- Police Building Background Information
- Select Committee for New Police Building
- Visiting Us